12 Days Until Convention
Just a short 12 days until Convention 2018. Our 70th Annual meeting and gathering together as American Baptist Women in Ministry here in New York State.
As you are preparing to arrive remember some of the following things…
Your hotel reservation does not include dinner on Friday night. So as you arrive remember to get something to eat prior to convention beginning at 6:30pm.
On Friday evening there will be a coffeehouse time for you to get up and share some jokes, songs or stories to help entertain or move your sisters in Christ.
During the weekend there will be offering opportunities for:
- Special project (2017-18) – Sierra Stitch By Stitch in Rwanda. Please make sure to read the brochure, share it again with your church to gather a collection bring it to convention to help us reach our goal of $10,000.
- ABWM National Ministries
- ABW Ministries of NYS General Fund
- Love gift will be collected during meal times.
There is once again this year a Silent Auction to be held to help raise money for the General Fund and have some fun.
As with last year ladies and groups are invited to bring any item that might raise funds to help ABWM – jewelry, religious objects, local favorites from your area… Theme baskets are also a great choice – make it a purple themed basket to celebrate ABWM!
We do ask that a ballpark figure be provided with each donation to ensure an accurate starting bid.
Questions? Email Lori
Convention Mission Project
Every convention we have a special mission project where we invite attendees to bring things needed for a local mission opportunity. This year our convention mission project this year is the RISE program of Binghamton.
RISE Program of Binghamton
RISE is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to assist families who experience, or are threatened with domestic violence and to increase the community’s awareness of this pervasive problem. There are residential, advocacy and counseling services provided through this program.
New items needed for donation if you would like to bring an item are:
- sheets (all sizes)
- cleaning supplies
- shower curtains
- bath mats
- personal hygiene products
- socks (all ages and sexes)
- baby wipes
- diapers/pull ups (any size)
- make up (foundation, mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow).
- Monetary donations are also welcome.
We can’t wait to see you there!